Friday, June 28, 2013

Triple Digits

I stayed over an extra day to catch-up on my water survival training with shallow-water egress (SWET). Fun stuff, and I still made it home by dark.

It’s definitely summer in Central Texas. My first day home also marked the first triple-digit day of the year, and today we’re looking at a high of 106 degrees. And I thought it was hot at the shipyard!

The high temps also argue for a matinee of World War Z with the 14-year-old. Rockin’ ….

One of the best things about our 17 days in shipyard this year  -- besides a zero deficiency topside inspection -- was that our company’s newest acquisition also was there, on the hard, for a total refit.

That meant our boat’s crew got to spend quite a bit of time with that boat’s crew. Good guys, for sure.

It’s a strange thing: when I’m on the boat, I’m anxious to get home. When I’m home, I look forward to going back to work. Some days I feel like our cat, Nemo; whichever side of the door he’s on, he always wants to be on the other.

For now, though, it’s air-conditioned comfort and kids … all kids, all the time. And that makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to give p-tricky that lid I got for him.

    ReplyDelete