Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The ATX

It's Wednesday. I'm drinking a Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout for lunch. Because I can.

Sunrise over Ship Shoal, May 14, 2013. A long  run on crew-
change morning. Yep, we were late.
I arrived home at about 2:30 this morning and found a boy in my bed. He rolled over sleepily, said "Daddy" and smiled before drifting off again.

The wife was happy to see me. The brown dog was happy to see me and thought it would be an excellent time to play ball.

The cat, who I officially and publicly despise (but privately am quite fond of) gave every appearance of having missed me.

It's good to be home.

Three glorious weeks of at-homeness stretch before me: kid time, an adults-only trip to the Pacific coast of Mexico. A mini-family reunion and anniversary celebration in Mayberry-by-the-Sea.

Awesome. See y'all in ... about three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment